Purify, and cleanse with these handcrafted, handpicked, Sage Smudge Sticks.
Such a happy heart as i handpicked silver sage leaves and sage wildflowers from the beautiful Badlands of Alberta. Dotted in wild chamomile, then laced them with homegrown garden Lavender. Both these herbs bring peace, restful sleep, and happiness when burned. Therapeutically it can address insomnia, depression, grief, sorrow and anxiety.
Collected and harvested always with the utmost love and respect to the earth. Bundled by me with love and a blessing.
Sage has a long history of use in Egyptian, Roman, and Greek medicine, as well as in Native North American healing traditions. Dried sage is burned as a way to heal, protect, increase wisdom, and boost defense against disease.
Burning sage, also known as smudging, involves burning sage leaves and letting the smoke purify the air in your home.
Poor air quality may be linked to various health conditions. In this way, burning sage is seen as a cost-effective way to help purify the air. This is because sage is thought to have antimicrobial properties that help kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
**Keep in mind that burning sage creates smoke, which can cause health problems for individuals who are prone to asthma and other respiratory conditions.**
Some practitioners of alternative medicine believe that burning sage, or taking it internally, can help release negative energy. Great after parties, or large gatherings.
The benefits of burning sage are believed to include:
- Removing bacteria from the air
- Repelling insects
- Improving intuition
- Purifying specific objects
- Improving mood and reducing stressand anxiety
- Relieving headache and sore throat pain
- Reducing oxidative stress in the body
- Protecting against free radical damage
- Reducing inflammation
- Protecting against bacterial and viral infections
- Supporting digestion
- Protecting against memory loss
- Reducing depressionor improving mood.
To begin, you will need something in which to burn the sage. This could be an Abalone sea shell to bring the element of water,
as the herbs are the earth,
and the smoke is the air.
You could also use an incense tray or a bowl to catch the ashes as the sage burns. Fill it with earth or sand.
Don't use a flammable container, and keep water on hand.
- Open a window or door before you start burning the sage. This allows the smoke to exit your house.
- Put the sage in the burning container and light it. Let it burn for several seconds and then fan it out so that it keeps smoking. (Blowing gently on the ruby embers) A feather is a beautiful way to distribute the purifying smoke. Again adding the element of Air.
- Set an intention, and i also pray. For example, you might say "Thank you Most High for this plant medicine, i ask that it’s smoke will purify, cleanse, and bless all those who enter into this home."
- Walk to each room you wish to purify and let the smoke enter it. Do not allow any space to fill with too much smoke. A little goes a long way.
Burning sage has a long history and may be helpful for starting fresh, or making another life change. It may be helpful if you are struggling with a transition or kicking off some positive changes for your home or physical health.
Plants are power. That’s all. ✌️🌿